Sunday 10 February 2013

Capturing the Moment

I find it rewarding to take out a camera or ipad when I go outside with the children. Often because I will 'catch' a moment like this one below. In years past, I might have noticed the two students observing each others shadows. But knowing what I know about rich outdoor experiences and children's curiosity, I recognize that this is a starting point to ask questions that could lead to an inquiry - depending on the responses that I would get from children.

I always start off with lots of space to move around in my questions, like, "What do you notice?" or "What are you wondering?" or "What are you thinking when you look at this photograph?"

What are some questions you might ask these two students if you had the chance to be there with them in this experience?

Just a moment in time to wonder about.

Stephanie Hammond

Can't wait to see any other moments!



No comments:

Post a Comment